Make fast decisions to future-proof your business
Say goodbye to out-of-date data – and hello to 200+ metrics that put you one step ahead of real trends.
Our meaningful, easy-to-understand insights will get you closer to your goals.
Future-Proof Reporting Features
In-depth insights made simple
We turn your complex, siloed inventory and sales data into 200+ meaningful and intuitive metrics (from top level detail to granular SKU-by-SKU analysis).
Prioritize purchasing to boost sales
Always know which items need to reorder first based on insights like forecasted lost revenue or forecasted lost profit if you delay purchasing.
Spot your biggest cash-drainers
See your overstocked items (alongside the cost), so you can quickly see which items to liquidate first to protect your cash flow.
Fully customizable segments for tailored reporting
Get forecasts, reports and inventory planning insights for custom segments, such as ‘North America warehouses’ or ‘Customer favorites’.
Optimize your merchandising
Analyze inventory and sales metrics alongside marketing data synced from Google Analytics (like page views) to refine your webstore merchandising.
Align your marketing with inventory performance
Plan your marketing campaigns based on a clear picture of your in-demand products, slow-movers, high-profit items and possible bundles.
Flexible periodic comparisons
Compare inventory and sales performance in the way you prefer – add unlimited time periods and customize using 200+ metrics.
Compare inventory location performance
See how your inventory locations (including any physical stores) perform against each other. Plus, get intuitive warehouse transfer recommendations before ordering new stock.
Plan your buying budgets by month or retail weeks to meet your goals. Use metrics including previous years’ revenue, expected margins or even the exact number of units you need to order based on retail price.
"The data Inventory Planner has generated for us has been everything, absolutely everything. We couldn’t have achieved such growth without it."
James Ewens, Head of E-Commerce at Furniturebox
"Inventory Planner has a huge part to play in that. With the insights and accuracy we receive across each individual item, we can keep making our inventory profitability better and better."
Mike Hodgen, Co-Founder at Freedom Rave Wear
"Before, I was hesitant buying new stock, but now I know when I have enough, and that knowledge is extremely valuable. Having Inventory Planner behind us means that for the first time in my 20 year history, I have the confidence to scale."
Danielle Malconian, CEO at Vikki Vi and Plus By Design
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who is Inventory Planner for?
Inventory Planner is the market-leading inventory planning software that is designed to help retailers, e-commerce brands, wholesalers and manufacturing merchants to make data-driven, profit-boosting inventory purchasing decisions based on reliable customer demand predictions, with different supply patterns factored in.
We support 2,600+ worldwide brands from startups to billion-dollar companies in every industry imaginable – from apparel and fashion to FMCG.
If your business holds inventory in your own warehouses, brick and mortar stores, or if you use Amazon FBA or 3PLs, and you want to reduce your excess inventory or safety stock ratio while keeping stockout risk low, Inventory Planner is for you.
- 2. Do I still need Inventory Planner if I already have an Inventory Management System (IMS)?
Short answer: yes! Longer answer: Inventory Management Systems are useful for tracking goods, but they don’t help you forecast demand and plan your inventory purchasing, especially when market trends are rapidly changing and consumer demand is unpredictable. Inventory Planner does.
In a nutshell, if you’re using an IMS, but still experiencing out of stock or excess stock issues, you should try Inventory Planner.
To learn more about the difference between an IMS and Inventory Planner, and pick the right system for your business, take a look at this guide.
- 3. How is Inventory Planner different from other providers?
We’re proud to stand out from the crowd in a number of ways, including…
- We’re true leaders in our field: Unlike generic inventory softwares, Inventory Planner is a market-leading specialized solution. We started back in 2012 (when inventory planning wasn’t even a ‘thing’!) and we’ve spent more than a decade fine-tuning our forecasting and inventory planning models so they get results, even in turbulent times.
- Our forecasting is transparent and customizable: We believe you can only make informed decisions when you fully understand your data. With Inventory Planner, you’ll know exactly how your forecasting has been calculated (and you can tweak it to suit your needs), so you can take our forecasts and purchasing recommendations and use them to help you meet your goals.
- We’re always evolving, just like the retail market: As part of Sage Group, we’re able to invest heavily and regularly in our innovation, so we’re always a step ahead of our competition when it comes to offering reliable forecasting and intelligent purchasing recommendations, even as markets shift.
- 4. Is it easy for me to implement and configure Inventory Planner on my own?
There are two options:
- Implement and learn the system on your own
Inventory Planner is built to be intuitive, so you can self-implement the system and configure your forecasting strategies if you have experience with forecasting softwares and the bandwidth available.
- Faster onboarding, led by us (RECOMMENDED)
If you’re looking for optimal time-to-value, we recommend our guided onboarding, led by us. This is the faster and hassle-free way to get set up for success. Our forecasting pros will get you and your team up and running on Inventory Planner quickly (on average within 30 days), including system integrations, data migration, bespoke forecasting strategy configurations, tests and intuitive training. It’s the best way to ensure you get the most from Inventory Planner.
- Implement and learn the system on your own
- 5. What's the SKU limit with Inventory Planner?
Inventory Planner is a scalable solution built to work for businesses of any size, from startups to billion-dollar companies – so there is no SKU limit.
Plus, with our Data Warehouse Connectors, data from any source can be seamlessly synced with Inventory Planner (which means no siloed data or delayed syncs for businesses with large data sets across various platforms).