Get the purchasing power to protect your cash flow
Working out what to buy doesn’t have to take up so much time and energy.
Inventory Planner offers reliable buying recommendations based on accurate demand forecasting, so you only invest in products that support your bottom line.
Buy with confidence, not hassle
Automated buying recommendations
Get purchasing recommendations for all SKUs based on always up-to-date demand forecasts, saving time and eliminating errors.
Prioritize your purchasing decisions
Prioritize your purchasing (especially when budgets are tight) with key metrics such as forecasted lost revenue, forecasted lost profit and sell-out date, if re-ordering is delayed.
Shorter purchasing cycles
Tailor your purchasing frequency to boost cash flow. Shorten your purchasing cycle on easy-to-get items, while keeping a margin on items with supply issues.
Best-in-class overstock report
Insights you won’t get anywhere else, like last sold date, overstock units and overstock costs, so you can liquidate cash flow killers without having stockouts.
Sync your purchasing with marketing
Planning an influencer campaign? Running a promotion? Adjust buying recommendations to factor in the potential order spikes.
Bundling and assembling made simple
Inventory Planner breaks forecasts down to component level and tells you how much inventory of each component is needed, plus when to order it.
Multi-location inventory planning
Know what and when to buy for every location including warehouses, brick and mortars, FBAs and 3PLs. Balance inventory with intelligent warehouse transfer recommendations that stop over-ordering.
Save time creating POs
Place purchase orders in a pinch, directly from your buying recommendations. Pre-set supplier info (currency, minimum order quantity, payment terms) to be automatically applied.
Optimize shipping + storage costs
Scale your purchase order based on CBM or weight to max out shipping container or warehouse space and reduce costs.
"Using Inventory Planner, we were able to cut out ‘days of outstanding inventory’ in half – which freed up around $1.5M. In today’s environment, who wouldn’t want a million dollar cash buffer?"
Kevin Dalaeli, President and COO at Kos
"I tell other merchants that they can’t afford not to have Inventory Planner. Say you hold $1 million in inventory and Inventory Planner improves your inventory ordering and investments by 10% a year (for us, it’s actually higher than 10%). That would result in a saving of $100,000 a year."
Michael Tomchin, Founder and CEO at Cycology
"Inventory Planner analyzes your data and gives you sales forecasting and buying recommendations that you can actually trust. It’s incredible."
James Ewens, Head of E-Commerce at FurnitureBox
"Inventory Planner was a game changer from the word go. It analyzes your data and gives you a reliable breakdown of exactly how much inventory we should manufacture and when to avoid running out or having too much stock."
Jessica Brooks, CEO at J Brooks Boutique
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who is Inventory Planner for?
Inventory Planner is the market-leading inventory planning software that is designed to help retailers, e-commerce brands, wholesalers and manufacturing merchants to make data-driven, profit-boosting inventory purchasing decisions based on reliable customer demand predictions, with different supply patterns factored in.
We support 2,600+ worldwide brands from startups to billion-dollar companies in every industry imaginable – from apparel and fashion to FMCG.
If your business holds inventory in your own warehouses, brick and mortar stores, or if you use Amazon FBA or 3PLs, and you want to reduce your excess inventory or safety stock ratio while keeping stockout risk low, Inventory Planner is for you.
- 2. Do I still need Inventory Planner if I already have an Inventory Management System (IMS)?
Short answer: yes! Longer answer: Inventory Management Systems are useful for tracking goods, but they don’t help you forecast demand and plan your inventory purchasing, especially when market trends are rapidly changing and consumer demand is unpredictable. Inventory Planner does.
In a nutshell, if you’re using an IMS, but still experiencing out of stock or excess stock issues, you should try Inventory Planner.
To learn more about the difference between an IMS and Inventory Planner, and pick the right system for your business, take a look at this guide.
- 3. Should I book a demo or start a 14-day free trial?
A virtual demo with one of our pros is the best and fastest way to see exactly how Inventory Planner will work specifically for your businesses, without needing to connect and configure your data.
However, we understand you might prefer to dive straight in and explore for yourself (especially if you’re a demand forecasting or inventory planning specialist) so we also offer a 14-day free trial.
- 4. How is Inventory Planner different from other providers?
We’re proud to stand out from the crowd in a number of ways, including…
- We’re true leaders in our field: Unlike generic inventory softwares, Inventory Planner is a market-leading specialized solution. We started back in 2012 (when inventory planning wasn’t even a ‘thing’!) and we’ve spent more than a decade fine-tuning our forecasting and inventory planning models so they get results, even in turbulent times.
- Our forecasting is transparent and customizable: We believe you can only make informed decisions when you fully understand your data. With Inventory Planner, you’ll know exactly how your forecasting has been calculated (and you can tweak it to suit your needs), so you can take our forecasts and purchasing recommendations and use them to help you meet your goals.
- We’re always evolving, just like the retail market: As part of Sage Group, we’re able to invest heavily and regularly in our innovation, so we’re always a step ahead of our competition when it comes to offering reliable forecasting and intelligent purchasing recommendations, even as markets shift.
- 5. Is it easy for me to implement and configure Inventory Planner on my own?
There are two options:
- Implement and learn the system on your own.
Inventory Planner is built to be intuitive, so you can self-implement the system and configure your forecasting strategies if you have experience with forecasting softwares and the bandwidth available.
- Faster onboarding, led by us (RECOMMENDED)
If you’re looking for optimal time-to-value, we recommend our guided onboarding, led by us. This is the faster and hassle-free way to get set up for success. Our forecasting pros will get you and your team up and running on Inventory Planner quickly (on average within 30 days), including system integrations, data migration, bespoke forecasting strategy configurations, tests and intuitive training. It’s the best way to ensure you get the most from Inventory Planner.
- Implement and learn the system on your own.
- 6. What's the SKU limit with Inventory Planner?
Inventory Planner is a scalable solution built to work for businesses of any size, from startups to billion-dollar companies – so there is no SKU limit.
Plus, with our Data Warehouse Connectors, data from any source can be seamlessly synced with Inventory Planner (which means no siloed data or delayed syncs for businesses with large data sets across various platforms).