We are looking for a highly organized, diligent and adaptable Account Manager to join our Customer Success Team. The purpose of the Account Manager role is to successfully manage upsell and renewals for their allocated accounts.
An Account Manager’s duties are split across three key roles: relationship management, upsell and renewals. Key tasks include building quotations, renewal negotiations and closing upsell opportunities. The role will also include the handling of Inventory Planner Premium customer-related queries via email and scheduled video calls. This will involve verbal and written communication with customers to fulfill their requirements. An Account Manager will also maintain accurate CRM records in Salesforce.
The Account Manager has to be able to work effectively under pressure to ensure deadlines are met. The Account Manager also needs to have exceptional communication skills to confidently liaise with colleagues and customers at all levels, with a polite and friendly manner when handling queries.
- Processing customer renewals in the internal CRM and billing systems from quote to invoice and payment collection
- Processing customer upgrades and upsell sales in the internal CRM and billing systems from quote to invoice
- Identifying high risk customers and working on plans to retain these customers
- Working to achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly team targets
- Maintaining good customer relations
- Perform periodic account health checks to ensure clients are achieving their business goals
- Respond to user inquiries by coordinating calls to ensure full resolution of outstanding issues
- Producing timely reports
- Maintaining customer CRM records
- Call on assigned client accounts for renewals and pricing negotiations.
- Interact and build relationships with clients.
- Qualify your account base to identify opportunities to maximize uplift.
- Manage your renewals pipeline with Salesforce CRM to ensure activity levels position you for success.
- Prior experience in Customer Success OR equivalent history of upselling, increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Experience negotiating software contracts
- Experience of managing customer accounts in ‘software as a service’
- An understanding of the challenges an eCommerce merchant faces and how technology can solve
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes
- Strong team player but still a self-starter
- Thrives in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.